We're Really Up Here

In the spring of 2007, I quit my desk job and set out on a climbing road trip. This is everything that happened after that.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

That was Easy.

I decided to quit my job, and go live as a climbing bum for the better half of next year.

It was weird, because it was easy.

Now it's never really a good time to leave a job you enjoy, or a place where you're comfortable. Dropping what you know is always a little scary. In a lot of ways, I'm just getting settled in Salt Lake. I've been here two years, and that time has been fantastic.

But once I started getting things set up, everything fell into place in an eerily painless way. My boss sounded stoked for me to go travel. I'm not in a lease. Old travel friends I hadn't talked to in years suddenly got back in touch.

But why go, now? That's a tricky question, and to be honest, I'm not exactly sure. There are a bunch of obvious reasons, like “it'll be fun!” and “chicks love guys who live in vans, right?” But as far as deeper reasons go, real reasons... I'm still having a hard time figuring that one out. I guess it's part of the mission here.

1. Figure out what I need to figure out.

2. Figure that thing out.

Easy, right?

2 Comments:

  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger powstash said…

    long live the road trip!

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Todd Cox said…

    Remember kids, no matter how much candy he offers you, don't get into his windowless van.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home