We're Really Up Here

In the spring of 2007, I quit my desk job and set out on a climbing road trip. This is everything that happened after that.

Friday, February 09, 2007

The One-Pair Challenge.



One time I was going out into the backcountry for a 23 day trek. Due to a little packing oversight, I only brought one pair of boxer shorts.

It was quite a trip.

This challenge is along the same lines, but hopefully won't give me a rash. I just bought a pair of Carhart Double Front Work Dungaree.

Most of the "climbing" pants I've ever owned should come in six packs, cause I go through them so quickly. The knees just can't take the abuse.


These pants have something of a cult following. I've never owned a pair, so I decided to see what all the hype was about. I'm going to put them to the ultimate test.

The One Pair Challenge: To wear one pair of Carharts, every day for the entire six month climbing trip, or till they bust.

If they survive, I'll be pretty impressed.

And don't worry, I will wash them regularly. Stay tuned for updates.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:42 AM, Blogger Todd Cox said…

    The great smells just keep on coming. Chicks dig it, really.

     
  • At 9:14 PM, Blogger phUnk said…

    The One-Pair Challenge: Whoever wins, we lose.

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger KP (kristin piccirillo) said…

    here's the thing--Carhartts work better when you don't wash them regularly. Seriously. and don't ever put them in the dryer--bad news. I know that lowers your opinion of me, but I'm just here to help!

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger summitbum said…

    where are the updated I have not seen any pictures of you wearing the carharts.

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger Todd Cox said…

    Dude, Carhartt status update - STAT

     

Post a Comment

<< Home