We're Really Up Here

In the spring of 2007, I quit my desk job and set out on a climbing road trip. This is everything that happened after that.

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Bouldering in the Ditch

Fall in the Valley means shorter days, beautiful foliage, and cooler temps. Which isn't so great for wall climbing, but makes for perfect bouldering.

Chris Mac just published a new Yosemite Bouldering Guidebook, and now it's super easy for hacks like me to find classic problems. I met up with some SLC friends today, and we ventured over to the Candyland area, where as it turns out, everything is really tall. Undiscouraged, well at least only mildly discouraged, we managed to send anyway.

Here's Christine on Once Upon A Time - a beautiful V3 stemming problem with a high finish. Possibly the best problem I've climbed in the Valley so far.

So after an awesome day, my hands are shredded and I couldn't be more content. The leaves are just starting to turn, so hopefully I can get some good pics of those. Stay tuned.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kevin, you da man. I'm glad you're back to bloggin it up. I'm sad you didn't make it down to the Glass, but I don't blame you. If I had the choice, I'd be there too.

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger Kevin said…

    Heh yeah sorry I didn't make it down there to check it out, the valley was calling hard! One of these days...

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger testmonkey said…

    nice.

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger Christine said…

    Kev-OOO!
    What's up! Back in SLC, totally keeping it real. Will cut the hell out of my hands with a pocket knife in a crunch.

    I downloaded and then uploaded the pic you took of me bouldering- b/c that's the only pic i have of the whole trip. Silly Christine needs to buy a camera.

    HAVE FUN IN YOSEMIAY!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home