We're Really Up Here

In the spring of 2007, I quit my desk job and set out on a climbing road trip. This is everything that happened after that.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Valley weather keeps getting better

Well the weather here in the valley just keeps getting nicer. We're cragging mostly - went up to Pat and Jack's Pinnacle yesterday for some fun routes. I almost took a big fall when blindly bumping a #4 camalot in a pumpy undercling out this big roof. Exciting times.

Here's a random view of the valley that I stumbled upon while bouldering the other day. Left to right it's North Dome, Washington Column, Mt. Watkins (I think) and of course, Half Dome.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    Hey hey- Did you happen to hear anything about a YoSAR helicopter rescue mission? We were on our way out of the valley, sorting gear, and saw a helicopter hovering around the cliff in the foreground on the left of this photo. Not being a Yosemite buff, I'm not sure what cliff it was...

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger testmonkey said…

    @Christine - I'm not sure if it's related, but ABC news had a big segment on about a massive cleanup project there yesterday (and the days before) where they were using choppers to haul massive amounts of junk off tops.

    @kevin: beautiful blue sky, man. great shot.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home