We're Really Up Here

In the spring of 2007, I quit my desk job and set out on a climbing road trip. This is everything that happened after that.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Midnight Shot of the Bridger Jacks


Took this one on Friday at midnight under a huge full moon. It came out a little blurry because I was balancing the camera on some books on top of my van instead of using a tripod. But I still kinda like the shot, and I hope you do too cause it was really really cold lying on top of the van.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice one.

     
  • At 2:41 PM, Blogger Shorty said…

    Kevin, in absence of a tripod, flop your camera on a rope bag with a rope in it. It's really stable, and you can manipulate the rope to get your camera pointing in exactly the right place without resorting to a bunch of props. I did all my TL sort from Peru by putting my camera on a pack. Also, don't put it on top of the van if it's windy out. As the van wobbles, the pics will get blurry. Good shot though. That new camera is paying off.

    Sorry I didn't make it down last weekend. The whole trip got shot to hell. I did get to the Swell though. Absolutely bluebird.

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kevin-
    Looks like about a one-minute exposure. Some time, on an almost moonless night, set the aperture wide open, set the shutter speed on "bulb", and go brew up a nice cup of frothy caffe latte with cinnimon or powdered chocolate on top. Come back in 15 minutes or so for some neat star trails!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home