We're Really Up Here

In the spring of 2007, I quit my desk job and set out on a climbing road trip. This is everything that happened after that.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sports Style Rock Climbing in American Fork

Tons of fun sport climbing in American Fork today.  Now sport climbing is not exactly my forte, especially on polished limestone, but I always try to get out to AF at least once a season.  I figure it's good for my head.  Or at least, it helps me appreciate all the other places I climb that much more.

We went up to the Billboard today, which was a bit of a hike, especially in flip flops.  And ESPECIALLY if you have huge blisters on the bottoms of your feet, because you read a book about barefoot running the day before and decided to give it a shot.  (Sidenote - barefoot running might be a cool idea, but 3 miles on hot concrete and asphalt is probably not the best way to break into the sport.)

Anyway, it was nothing a little (or a lot) of climbing tape couldn't fix, and I proceed to fall off a bunch of the coolest routes in AF.  The Billboard really is a sweet crag, if you don't mind a bit of a walk.

I recommend going on a day when you find yourself without blisters.

Here's Phunk working on one of the 12's up there.  Don't remember the name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home