We're Really Up Here

In the spring of 2007, I quit my desk job and set out on a climbing road trip. This is everything that happened after that.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Summer vacation is finally here.

I started teaching elementary school this year. I've loved spending time with the kids, but as they say, there are 3 main reasons to be a teacher: June, July, and August. (All joking aside, teaching is sweet, the kids are amazing, and I can't wait to see them all again in August. But we all love vacation!) Here's the rough plan:

  1. Go to Tuolumne. Climb domes. I hear it's sick.
  2. Visit the SF Bay area (fly back to SLC for a few hours for an interview)
  3. Go to Yosemite. Climb free routes. Long ones.
  4. Partner swap Zac for Caroline. She's cuter, but he makes good breakfast.
  5. Climb big wallz? Hope Zac doesn't get scared.
  6. Go to Canada. Climb free routes in Squamish. Sick? So I hear.
  7. Come home to SLC, then fly to VA to see family.
  8. Climb at the NRG in sweltering heat.
  9. Return home, and resume climbing on weekends in some of the greatest locations on the planet, but restricted to ones within 5 hours of SLC.

Partners in crime. See the connundrum?














So there you go, that's about 10 weeks worth of fun in the sun. Makes me wonder how I ever survived on just 2 weeks per year. Oh yeah, and I still get paid all summer.

Life. Is. Sweet.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger Arizona Teacher said…

    As a school teacher, I am planning my summer too. I'll be climbing most of the summer at Lover's Leap in Lake Tahoe.

    Eman
    http://www.climbing.com/exclusive/readerblogs/emmanuel_lacoste/

     
  • At 4:06 AM, Anonymous Anne Davies said…

    Hello!

    Hope all is well. Congratulations on your site, it is a great platform for the fun and adventurous! Firstly, let me introduce myself! My name is Anne Davies and I am the Social Media Project Manager for Appalachian Outdoors this role allows me to give out some great offers to select websites in exchange for some advertising.

    Appalachian Outdoors is looking to spread the word about their great line of products and we're looking for links from various sites with interests similar to ours! To thank our partners in this endeavor, I've been authorized to distribute you a gift of choice from the App Outdoors website with a value to you of up to $50!

    Check out a link to our great selection of apparel on offer and see if there’s something there you like. Go to: http://www.appoutdoors.com/santiki_c5910.htm

    If you do find something you like and you think it is worth a link on your blog... Email me back and we can go from there. All very straight forward!

    Please do not hesitate to be in touch with any further questions. I look forward to hearing from you.

    Many Thanks

    Anne Davies
    anne.davies6@gmail.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home