Summer vacation is finally here.
I started teaching elementary school this year. I've loved spending time with the kids, but as they say, there are 3 main reasons to be a teacher: June, July, and August. (All joking aside, teaching is sweet, the kids are amazing, and I can't wait to see them all again in August. But we all love vacation!) Here's the rough plan:
- Go to Tuolumne. Climb domes. I hear it's sick.
- Visit the SF Bay area (fly back to SLC for a few hours for an interview)
- Go to Yosemite. Climb free routes. Long ones.
- Partner swap Zac for Caroline. She's cuter, but he makes good breakfast.
- Climb big wallz? Hope Zac doesn't get scared.
- Go to Canada. Climb free routes in Squamish. Sick? So I hear.
- Come home to SLC, then fly to VA to see family.
- Climb at the NRG in sweltering heat.
- Return home, and resume climbing on weekends in some of the greatest locations on the planet, but restricted to ones within 5 hours of SLC.
Partners in crime. See the connundrum?
So there you go, that's about 10 weeks worth of fun in the sun. Makes me wonder how I ever survived on just 2 weeks per year. Oh yeah, and I still get paid all summer.
Life. Is. Sweet.