We're Really Up Here

In the spring of 2007, I quit my desk job and set out on a climbing road trip. This is everything that happened after that.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

More Desert Fun

So I've decided since I'm not going to send anything hard this trip, at least I'm going to get pictures of other people doing so. I spent the last few days with a bunch of strong climbers, and got a few shots that I kinda like. Check em out -

This is John on the Serrator - it's fun 5.11 offwidth to about 40' of easy but kinda scary climbing up the "serrator" feature. It's a little hard to protect, and even if your pro held, that serrated rock edge might just snip your rope...





Here's John on Slice and Dice - 5.12 green camalot finger stacks. This is a super rad route, but I was having trouble getting a good angle to shoot it. There's a little bit of lens distortion in this shot, but it really is steep right there.




Here's Paul cruising Layaway Plan - 5.11 red camalots through a big roof. I was bracketing, and this shot came out overexposed, but it snapped at just the right moment, so I did what I could to fix it. The result is kinda interesting, but I wish the exposure had been correct the first time.









Another climber named Mike in roughly the same spot. Different day though.







Mike taking a little ride at the crux...








Then sending in style on the second go.








Stay posted for more pics...

10 Comments:

  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger testmonkey said…

    There's a joke here about the dearth of shirts, but I just can't get my mind around it...

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Blogger Kevin said…

    Haha, right you are testmonkey, I hadn't noticed that.

    But besides the fact that we're all really really good looking, and we know it, it was freakin hot this weekend in the sun.

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger Todd Cox said…

    Dude, that first picture is awesome! Is your camera high-qual enough to take pics you can blow up and put on the wall?

     
  • At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    KEVIN!
    I want to come climbing- I can leave as soon as Thurs evening (at like 5:30) and will need to return by late Tuesday.
    Elliott said that perhaps you are trying to go to Millcreek?

    Lemme know!
    christinebalaz@gmail.com

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger Kevin said…

    RMRR - Heck yes. We're shooting at 8 megapixles here, which means you can blow it up like a frog with an m80.

    I'll send you the original version of the file, and you can take it to shutterfly.com or whatev you want.

     
  • At 2:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sweet shots! You've got somethin there, wanna shoot astroman in the fall?

     
  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger powstash said…

    sweetness Kev. Do you think we'll actually climb some crack this year, after all that talk about it? I'm smelling a road trip. Let's chat about the end of March.

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 3:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home