We're Really Up Here

In the spring of 2007, I quit my desk job and set out on a climbing road trip. This is everything that happened after that.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Update: Carhartts 6 Month Challenge


So far, the Carhartts get a mixed review. It's been a no-holds-barred month of climbing on them, and yes, I've managed to wear them every day. (But they've been washed a few times, so don't worry.)

The knees are seeing most of the wear, and sadly, they're already starting to fail. The sides of the knees have three layers of canvas, and I've already worn through the top two.




After half a dozen offwidths, the sides of the knees don't look so good...








The fronts of the knees are already getting threadbare! Bummer...


But they've been super comfy after they broke in, and it's been a pretty intense month, so you gotta give them some credit for that. Right now they're at a 3.5 out of 5, but I really can't seem them going the whole six months. Could any pair of pants? Probably not.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger Todd Cox said…

    I jumped in here to have a read, and immediatly realized that I was getting really excited about another dude's pants. How did pants become so compelling?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home