We're Really Up Here

In the spring of 2007, I quit my desk job and set out on a climbing road trip. This is everything that happened after that.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Beautiful day in BCC

I always forget how much I love climbing in Big Cottonwood Canyon. You could ask for a better crag 15 minutes from your house, but then you'd be getting greedy. I know it's not the best stone in the world, but there are so many good routes hiding up in it's chossy looking cliffs.

I met up with Adam and Genevieve in the parking lot, and we started out with a visit to the Psychobabble wall. This was a perfect choice cause it was pretty crowded in the canyon, but I've never seen anyone else up at Psychobabble. It's probably because the routes are stout, and the approach is a little hairball. Naturally I was wearing flip flops, which makes the fourth class approach pretty exciting.

Adam sent Psychostemmatic in good style, and I got a beat down from Psychobabble. Must have tried that crux sequence 6 different times. Too bad I didn't get it until attempt #7, after a hang...

Then we headed down to the Slips, and got Genevieve on her first lead. I always love getting people out on lead for their first time, and Genevieve handled it with aplomb. She can count the amount of climbing days she's had on one hand, and she's absolutely killing it. This chica will be muy fuerte very soon.

A quick clipping lesson...







Then she floats her first lead with no hesitation.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger Shorty said…

    Yeah, Genevieve killed it. She's following stout, overhanging trad pitches with smooth technique and moves she doesn't even know the name of. Staggering...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home