We're Really Up Here

In the spring of 2007, I quit my desk job and set out on a climbing road trip. This is everything that happened after that.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

More LCC bouldering

I've been having fun over the past few days climbing locally, and I'm slowing rediscovering the joys of bouldering in Little Cottonwood Canyon. Wandering around yesterday, we ran into a posse of pretty strong climbers - some of em were locals, but some were traveling. I was a little surprised to hear that Little Cottonwood was a destination for boulderers on the road. I guess sometimes it's easy to take the climbing in your back yard for granted. Especially if it's bouldering, and you're not really a boulderer.

I also finally found a problem that really appeals to me. Well two of em, actually - a 3 and a 4. Scott's styling the V4 in that photo to the left. Most of LCC bouldering is heinous, slopey, and painful. But here's a problem that actually has good edges, and good feet. Shocking, I know. Too bad I was just resting / taking pics yesterday. I'll have to go back and give that thing a try.

After messing around a little on that boulder, we hiked way up to Prime Rib with the crew. It's a pretty stout problem so I had no illusions of trying it, but the guys were nice enough to let me take a few pictures of them working on it. Ethan is climbing, and Issac is spotting.

Good times bumming around in LCC...

3 Comments:

  • At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey hey-
    Where is this V4? I don't think I've seen it.

    It was really good seeing you up here! Hopefully again soon. I have a terrible time remembering your schedule for the summer, but get in touch with me whenever there's an opportunity. Safe travels & climbing meanwhile.

    -C

     
  • At 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I believe thats Pride, at the swamp

     
  • At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello all
    http://www.royalpalmcafeandinn.com/ - ativan medication
    You can order Ativan(Lorazepam) at reliable online pharmacy and save money.
    [url=http://www.royalpalmcafeandinn.com/]ativan online[/url]
    You should not drive or operate heavy machinery not unless you know Ativan effects on you.
    ativan medication
    It is generally not recommended for people with a history of alcohol or drug abuse ? Lorazepam can cause physical and psychological dependence and is often abused.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home